It is not breaking news that I am, in fact, a beauty product junkie. My addiction to beauty products started very young and is something that has only grown stronger and deeper over the years. As I have gotten older and wiser, I have learned the power of research and reviews. Rarely EVER do I buy a product without first researching it and reading reviews on it. I am a huge fan of buying products on Amazon and I have scored some amazing deals not to mention there are always tons and tons of honest reviews. Some of these products are new to my beauty repertoire and some of them I have been using for as long as I can remember and I don’t even think it would be physically possible for me to stop using them (ahem, aquaphor.) These products are what I have found to be the best of the best.
1. BEST FACE MASK- Indian Healing Bentonite Clay – I try to use this twice a week… It is the best and most effective pore refining and deep cleansing mask out there. You can literally feel it shrinking your pores. Mix equal parts powder and apple cider vinegar and apply to face, leave on until your face feels like it has shrunken to half its size.
2. BEST SERUM- La Roche Posay Effaclar Pore Refining AntiWrinkle Serum– love this serum. Does exactly what is says it does. I layer this under moisturizer most before bed.
3. BEST FACE TOOL- Clarisonic Mia – Probably my newest acquisition. I can’t believe it took me so long to finally buy one! I have already seen improvements in my skin in just two weeks. I use the deep pore cleaning brush head and it really gets all of my makeup off and leaves my skin baby soft.
4. BEST MAKEUP REMOVER- Pond’s Cold Cream– This is a generational product in my family. My grandmother on my mom’s side always used cold cream and ever since I started wearing makeup I haven’t found anything that takes my face makeup better.
5. BEST MOISTURIZER- La Roche Posay Hydraphase– Catching onto my La Roche Posay obsession yet? I am seriously obsessed with the brand. I also recently discovered this moisturizer and it has been amazing especially on some of the less humid days we have been having. My skin dries out so quickly in low humidity and this keep it perfectly hydrated without feeling greasy.
6. BEST LIP PRODUCT- Aquaphor– My friends know that I ALWAYS have aquaphor on me. If I could only use one beauty product for the rest of my life (God forbid) this would be it. I use it on everything, mainly as a lip ointment but it also great for cuticules, burns, dry patches, eczema, and the list goes on.
7. BEST EYE MAKEUP REMOVER- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover– because I have an oily skin type, I use waterproof makeup to prevent smudging. This makeup remover does the trick to remove stubborn waterproof mascara.
8. BEST ACNE PRODUCT- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo– I have struggled with mild acne and hormonal breakouts since middle school and this is honestly the best acne product out there and I have tried it all- prescription to drugstore.
9. BEST CLEANSER- DDF Brightening Cleanser– A mild and gentle cleanser that doesn’t dry out the skin. Worth the splurge but I was lucky enough to find it the other day at Marshall’s for $12 in some older packaging.
10. BEST BODY SCRUB- Soap and Glory Pulp Friction– The best body scrub hands down. Doesn’t leave behind any oily residue and it smells amazing. I love using this to exfoliate before spray tanning.
11. BEST BODY LOTION- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream– A rich and creamy body lotion that lasts on the skin all day without feeling heavy or greasy. I love that is isn’t scented so it doesn’t interfere at all with my perfume.