My new friend Isaac (as in the tropical storm) has kept me cooped up in my house and has given me no choice but to bake. These cookies require some time to make but I have nothing but time with the crazy weather going on outside. They are great cookies to nibble on after dinner and they are also really yummy with coffee. Enjoy!
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 4 teaspoons instant espresso
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
– 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1 large egg
– 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate melted and cooled
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1/2 cup confectioners sugar for coating
1) In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, espresso, baking powder, & salt
2) With an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined and mix in cooled chocolate.
3) With mixer on low speed gradually mix in dry ingredients. Beat in milk until well combined.
4) Flatten dough into a disk on a cookie sheet and wrap with plastic. Freeze until firm, should take about 25-30 min.
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
6) Place confectioners sugar in a medium bowl and roll the balls in sugar twice, working in batches.
7) Place balls on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart and bake for 12- 14 minutes, rotating halfway through.
8) Cookies will be cracked and soft to the touch when finished. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
|The finished product!|