Happy Father’s Day to all of the amazing dads out there! I am the luckiest girl in the world to have the coolest dad and best friend built into one. Thank you for teaching me so much about the important things in life- friends, family, food and the conviviality of the table. I love you eternally!
Anddddd since it is Father’s Day, I thought I would make my dad’s favorite cookies that my Grandma Betty used to make. My dad’s side of the family is from Wisconsin and we might as well be related to Paula Deen with the amount of butter used in our recipes. The Stapleton’s actually have a dish called “chocolate butter” but I won’t scare you with that recipe today.
– 1 cup butter
– 2 cups brown sugar
– 2 1/2 cup flour
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 3 egg yolks (reserve the egg whites)
– 1 tsp. vanilla (I always add a little more)
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/4 lb. walnuts* (the original recipe calls for walnuts but I much prefer pecans!)
– 1 cup raisins
– Add the egg whites last
– Mix until dough forms (I find with the raisins and pecans it is much easier to mix the dough with your hands than a electric mixer)
– Roll into balls
– Bake at 325 for 12 minutes
|Had to move to a bigger bowl!|
I made a very special plate with the recipe for rock cookies as a Father’s Day gift.